Plants of the Canary Islands Relevant Recipes

Saturday 23 June 2012

What´s Cooking?

Here are a collection of the food I am growing in my garden, some in the plant room (purpose built to evade the winds) and out in the garden with some protection.

I am chuffed to bits when I see the little seedlings popping through the earth, then it is onto the planting stage and then bigger pot or grow bag then wham they take off.

This is an exposed bed of herbs; chives, basil, sage, lemon balm and borage, there is also my little beetroots at the back. The space was where a cabbage had been and will hope to pop something in there soon.






Below is the plant room with the various edibles growing; melons, tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumbers and basil


Basil grown from seed and potted on, will have a constant supply for the whole of Summer


Sweet pepper flower with a promise of tasty fruits


I also have lettuce and swiss chard growing in the main garden bed with windbreaks around, this is what I have to do to protect them from the harsh winds we get (not all the time but a lot) the plus point is that the surfers love it and just a short way from my home you can watch loads of surfers doing their thing, an amazing sight.




No comments:

Post a Comment