Plants of the Canary Islands Relevant Recipes

Thursday 14 June 2012

Tenerife Life

Tenerife is an island in the Canaries. It lies off the coast of North Africa so enjoys all year round great temperatures. 
I live in the South of the island in a windy site, this has it's advantages in the stifling Summer months where temperatures can reach over thirty degrees, the wind keeping us that little bit cooler. 
Gardening has been a real passion of mine both here and in the UK but here it is a real learning experience. In the first few years there were a lot of disasters, sometimes costly. However I am happy to say that the garden is coming on a treat. 
Knowing your site is the most important information you can note down before you begin to plan your garden, this would have saved me a lot of heartache. 
To combat the wind and the drying heat we have incorporated various methods of working with these natural forces. Within this blog I will endeavour to share with you some of my ideas, and also show an ongoing record of just what is happening in our garden. 
I would be delighted to hear from you so please feel free to follow, comment or add to any of my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment